BLOGGER TEMPLATES Funny Pictures

Monday, March 9, 2009

Hellraiser Update...

I found this story on a website when I was putting a story on Movieblips. In a way, I'm warming up to this "remake" idea after reading this article. As long as Doug Bradley plays Pinhead, I am willing to give this thing a chance. The article gives me hope that it maybe similar to the Zombie version of Halloween... one can only hope. Check out the article and view the website for much more movie updates...


Website where I found this article...

'Hellraiser' Remake Being Remade as Reboot
Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 10:28PM
I'm not entirely sure what difference this is going to make, but we're hearing that the new Hellraiser movie won't be a remake of the first film so much as it will be a reboot of the series, perhaps in the same way Friday the 13th handled Jason Voorhees last month. I say I'm not sure what difference it makes not because I'm not interested, but rather because it's like wearing a suit twice but "rebooting" it by changing your cuff links.

Dark Horizons got a hold of a French interview with director Pascal Laugier in which he says that the new film will cull from Clive Barker's original film and Barker's The Hellbound Heart novella, which contains the Frank and Julia characters, our launching pad into the universe of Pinhead. Because it's still using the first film as a source, perhaps calling it a reboot isn't exactly right, either. It's more like a Remake Plus. It's like Hellraiser Max - the same great taste, but loaded with guarana.

Of all the franchise starters in horror, I've always felt that Hellraiser had the most potential. I'm not sure why it wasn't as extreme as it could have and should have been 20-odd years ago, but that would've made a difference. So maybe Laugier will go full-tilt here and we'll finally get a Hellraiser that's worthy of the story and villain.

There's no word on when it will be released, but you've got to think we're a couple years away or less.


Copy this link to view the website...
http://www.getthebigpicture.net/blog/2009/3/8/hellraiser-remake-being-remade-as-reboot.html

Banner generated at Pimp-My-Profile.com

Subscribe in a reader


Digg!


Please visit and comment often!