BLOGGER TEMPLATES Funny Pictures

Friday, January 9, 2009

Hypocrisy... and random rants...

I quit smoking yesterday... I haven't had a cigarette for 24 hours. Tina and I both are using the patch to kick the habit. To be honest, the first smoke free day wasn't too bad. I'm not a fanatic now and preaching the "evils" of smoking, but I can tell you that when I first wake up there are two things that come quickly to mind... need a cigarette and have to go to the bathroom. I usually cough a lot first thing in the morning because all the mucus crap settles in your chest over night. I'm looking forward to the day when that goes away! Smoking is not only a habit, but a very strong addiction. The patch seems to cut the cravings down to nothing. It's a process, about 8 to 10 weeks of slowly stepping down from the patch. It annoys me to see all the dirty looks smokers get. People have choices, but nearly everyone has one vice or another. Whether it's smoking, drinking, shopping, drugs, exercising to excess, TV, music, movies, eating or not eating, religion... everyone has something that they obsess about.

For good or not, everyone has a vice or crutch that they have to have in their lives. I put my FAVORITE "hypocritical" video (Drowning Pool's, Let The Bodies Hit The Floor)at the end of this post. Televangelist make me so angry. It's all about money... don't kid yourself. They don't have a monopoly of God's gifts. their obsession is money and fame. Jim Bakker, Jimmy Swaggart, Oral Roberts, Ted Haddard... you get my point, it's a show! Too many people use religion as a vehicle of hate... just look at India, Pakistan, and the Middle East... killing in the name of God. Let's just burn all the witches at the stake... how about that "Holy" Roman Empire!?!?!?! Mmmm, maybe I do need a cigarette! Just kidding, It just bothers me to no end that people turn their nose up at others, but the skeletons in their closet would ruin them! I wish we all wore signs on our backs that showed our deepest, darkest secrets... OK, maybe that is a bad idea! Just a few of my random rants to help me not think about cigarettes! Check out the healthy lung and the smoker's diseased lung... Damn, if that doesn't make you want to quit, nothing will. Well, another day... I guess this can be my "The horrors of smoking and hypocrisy" blog post. Check out the video below as well... EXCELLENT!!!





Subscribe in a reader

Please visit and comment often!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of you for quitting smoking Frank. I know how hard that can be. But it is worth it. You will save so much money and more importantly your life! I wish I had the self control and conviction to do it myself. Keep soldiering on!

frgodbeyjr said...

Thanks Elise! A week and counting!