BLOGGER TEMPLATES Funny Pictures

Monday, September 29, 2008

Cold... A Different Kind of Pain...




A few weeks ago The Vault of Horror had a post dealing with fans of horror movies and their "love" of heavy metal/rock music. I found this post to be very interesting because I am a huge fan of the harder type of music. Although I agree to this idea for the most part, I think it is too broad of a generalization to say all horror fans love hard music. My wife Tina is one of the biggest horror fans I know and she basically hates most of the music I like. So there is a 50/50 split in our home. If you listen to most music on horror movies, you will find a hard driving music theme throughout. I have the sound track to the horror movie Queen of the Damned and it has Jonathan Davis (Korn), Disturbed, and a few other metal type bands on it. Jonathan Davis was responsible for the sound track and it is really dark and heavy, but it works for the movie. One of my favorite CD's. I guess I just believe that type of music works better with horror movies than say a lighter style of music.

So, is it coincidence or is there a very real connection between the music and the genre??? Not really sure, but it is a very interesting debate.

Since I'm dealing mostly with music today, I really wanted to put a music video on my blog today. I put Cold's CD... A Different Kind of Pain in my CD player yesterday when I was driving home from North Conway. The song, A Different Kind of Pain is one of my very favorite songs. I saw this band about 7 years ago at The Whitamore Center on the campus of UNH. They were touring with Godsmack, Staind, and Systematic. It was one of the best concerts I have ever gone too... not that I've gone to thousands, but I have seen my share over the past 10 years. I was not all that impressed with Cold at the time, but since then, I have really become a fan. Unfortunately, the band has gone through many changes (members) and at this time is basically gone their separate ways. Too bad... vocalist Scooter Ward has an awesome voice and great songwriting abilities. Hopefully, he will get something else going... there may be a reunion in the works. Enjoy the video!



Please visit and comment often!

0 comments :