BLOGGER TEMPLATES Funny Pictures

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Vampires and other opinions...

Everywhere you look these days there's vampire books and movies. I can't count how many sites I look at where vampires are all over the site. I admit it, it makes me proud. Vampires are my favorite horror creature... that is TRADITIONAL vampires. I really don't like how Hollywood has bastardized the vampire genre these days. I have complained about that on this blog many times. The movie Twilight is a young adult vampire romance novel that has been made into a PG-13 movie. I hope it is successful because it will cultivate a new generation of horror fans. However, the vampires do come out in the daylight... a no-no in my book! I will watch this when it comes out on DVD, but until then you should check out Dracula 2000. This movie is a GREAT vampire film! There are two trailers below... Dracula 2000 and Twilight... check them both out!

Twilight:


Dracula 2000



Some bumper stickers I saw that seemed to fit my mood...







Please visit and comment often!

2 comments :

The M'hael said...

I have to agree that movies like Twilight make me cringe... Dracula 2000 is a little gem of a movie that some rip on, but that I think is something special.

What do you think about True Blood so far? I really like it, and I'm happy as hell that we have a weekly R-rated vampire show on TV.

Thanks for the kind words about my blog, I'm trying to do something fun and special over there... I think It's getting better all the time, although it's not where I want it yet.

I like your blog too... and trust me I'm picky!

-J

frgodbeyjr said...

M'hael, thank you for the comment! I appreciate it very much. I'm always searching for good, informative horror blogs and I was glad I found yours. I don't have HBO, but I have heard several people talking about it and how much they like True Blood. I'm going to have to find a way to check it out. Thanks again!