BLOGGER TEMPLATES Funny Pictures

Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Uninvited (A Tale of Two Sisters remake)



This looks like an interesting remake with a huge amount of tension in it. I'm not a big fan of PG 13 "horror" movies. However, if there is a lot of tension in it, then I can get into it. A lot of my NetFlix friends don't like many remakes of J-horror (I understand this is a Korean film... Asian films in general are a like in many ways), but I'm not in that boat. I judge a movie solely based on it's own content. Comparing remakes to the original is unfair and basically close minded. So I look forward to this one that is coming to theaters sometime in 2009. The Grudge and The Ring are J-horror remakes that I enjoyed and I believe from the trailer below, I will like this one. So check out the trailer and look for this movie coming out next year!

SYNOPSIS

Based on Kim Jee-Woon's 2003 Korean horror film, “Changhwa Hongryon,” “The Uninvited” revolves around Anna (Emily Browning), who returns home after spending time in the hospital following the tragic death of her mother. Her recovery suffers a setback when she discovers her father (David Strathairn) has become engaged to her mother’s former nurse, Rachel (Elizabeth Banks). That night, Anna is visited by her mother's ghost, who warns her of Rachel's intentions. Together, Anna and her sister (Arielle Kebbel) try to convince their father that his current fiancee is not who she pretends to be, and what should have been a happy family reunion becomes a lethal battle of wills between stepdaughters and stepmother.



Please visit and comment often!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Wow Frank! You did a really good job on your page, it looks great! Sorry it's been so long since I've been on to see it, I feel like I let you down. Sigh. Lol! Anyhow, you did a great job and I look forward to future posts.

frgodbeyjr said...

Thanks Elise! Welcome back to the web!